Sunday 17 February 2013

JFDI - Good Vibes for Week 2



Just thought I would share these 12wbt pics of my kids; sowing some good vibes for Week 2...I needed some positivity to kick off my new weeks training.

When I feel low or slow - I think of these happy little faces saying 'JFDI'.  It usually gives me a smile and a boot in the right direction. I then remind myself that I am on this program because I want to be here, and that usually keeps the momentum going forward!

"JFDI"
"JFDI"
I went to bed last night feeling stuffed - like Christmas turkey. I should state for the record, I usually eat moderately and I don't usually go for desserts and sweet things; I am a starters-and-mains-kind-a-gal as opposed to  a mains-and-dessert-kind-a-gal. (Except for my weakness for certain ice creams :))

We had a delicious pork spit roast at a friends birthday dinner, accompanied by superbly baked veg, coal cooked potatoes and healthy salads, plus a birthday cake...I ate like a king.

But I was surprised my internal conflict between what I would prefer to do and social etiquette. To eat the cake would be polite, but would not be doing what I want for myself. The end result was that I did not have the cake but I still felt guilty for not sharing in the celebrations. (I suspect that the host and hostess were unaware of any of this 'awkwardness' and most probably did not care if I had cake or not) So all and all it was a good result, but it is alarming that my self talk even goes there.

When I got home my self discipline took a turn in the wrong direction.

I had to ice my daughters birthday cakes...I had a few tricky corners to navigate and was constantly scraping the excess icing off to get it just right. Each icing scrap was effortlessly popped into my mouth - It was so soft and sweet and creamy...I was working to a deadline and it was late, I was focused on the cake and not so much on me. Once the cake was done, I was done too. I really did not like the way the butter cream icing made me feel. (You know you have has too much sugar when your tongue hurts) I drank a glass of milk - thought the protein would balance off all the sugar - not sure of my logic, but it did make me feel less gross.

This is not the best way to end a day, but I woke up to a new day and another chance to make it a good one...I started by thinking of my JFDI mascots and headed to the garage (read: my gym) and 60min later, I was done, this time though, it was a super good kind of done.




No comments:

Post a Comment